Signs of Dental Implant Failure and How to Prevent it from Happening
Regardless of whether you are dealing with early or late dental implant failure, there will always be signs showing this. Ignoring these signs can be dangerous as it prevents you from getting the expert help you need to recover or rectify the situation. It is important to understand these symptoms and look out for them. The common symptoms include:
- Gum inflammation
- Difficulty in chewing
- Gum recession
- Increased swelling
- Serious discomfort and pain
- Loosening of the teeth or implant, or both
Whenever you experience any of the above symptoms, the best move should be to visit the dentist for consultation and checks. If you follow up on routine checks, your dentist will make observations and diagnoses, saving you from the pain and severe symptoms before things get out of hand. Of course, it would be best to always deal with a reliable dental expert such as those from River Valley Smile Center. Besides that, a few preventive measures will ensure your implant stays intact and serves you longer without any of the said complications.
Exploring Preventive Measures
It is possible to minimize the risks of dental implant failure. While it may not be possible to prevent all dental implant failures, most other symptoms can be prevented. It is important that you take precautions and properly take care of your implants if you want them to serve you longer and well. The surprising thing is that preventive care measures are really simple and easy for anyone to follow through with. Below are practical suggestions that will make a huge difference in this.
- Care for the dental implants regularly. This means flossing and brushing your teeth and implants regularly and using your mouthwash every day
- Never skip your dentist visit. Always schedule a dental visit every six months without fail. If there was a time this was not a bother to you, it should be this time around. Dental clinic visits are important since your dentist will get to check and monitor the progress and performance of the implants and verify that your oral health is perfect.
- Avoid or stop smoking completely
- Boost your calcium amounts. This can be done by simply increasing your calcium intake by taking rich foods or by simply using calcium supplements. Calcium is important for bone strength.
- Avoid habits that destroy your teeth, such as eating hard candy, which could destabilize the implants. Overall, make sure to have the right support by choosing a great dental care partner like River Valley Smile Center.