On Friday April 5, 2013, Dr Charles Liggett was inducted into the prestigious Pierre Fauchard Academy. The Academy is a national dental honor society that’s objectives are to:
1. Elevate the character, education and professional ability of dentists by making available to them dental literature representing developments and opinions in dentistry.
2. Encourage practitioners to contribute to the professional literature and otherwise share their knowledge with their fellow practitioners.
3. Encourage, through annual awards, outstanding contributions to the art and science of dentistry and service to the profession.
4. Encourage personal contacts between leaders in the profession and those who seek advice on scientific technical or economic subjects.
5. Encourage dental students and foster advancement of their professional and scientific standards and encourage continuing education for all members of the dental profession.
6. Encourage improvement of the oral health of the public through prevention, therapy, and restoration.
7. Encourage fellowship among the membership and emphasize understanding of our professional responsibility to the public.
A very small percentage of dentists are able to achieve a fellowship in the Pierre Fauchard Academy, making this a great honor for Dr Liggett. “I am greatly humbled to be a fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy. I will do my best to uphold the mission and ideals of the organization, for the betterment of the dental profession.”, said Dr Liggett after the ceremony.