FREE DENTAL TREATHMENT FOR VETERANS
November 10, 2022
Little Rock, Arkadelphia, and Pine Bluff
Each regional site will ultimately determine which procedures they will offer or perform during OSD. Veterans must present a DD214 for verification purposes to receive treatment and all veterans (patients) will be assigned a specific appointment time, scheduled on a first come first serve basis at the regional site nearest to the veteran’s location. Appointment times will be assigned through a coordinated effort of Veteran’s Affairs and each regional site clinic (contact given below) Acute/Urgent treatment will be top priority, but other dental needs may be addressed during OSD. An updated medication list for each veteran is recommended.
Treatment Classifications are as follows:
*Acute/Urgent – Patient is in pain and needs immediate relief/resolution of pain
- Extraction(s) due to severe decay, periodontal disease or abscess
- Other oral surgical procedures, resolution of swelling, biopsy, etc.
- Restoration (filling) of deep cavities on vital teeth (isolated occurrence)
- Curettage of isolated periodontal pockets(isolated area)
**Necessary/Needed (not urgent) – Obvious dental disease but not painful
- Moderate to incipient dental decay or gum disease (periodontitis)
- Isolated fractured teeth with minimal to no decay present
***Routine/Maintenance – semi-annual recall and ongoing maintenance
- Periodic oral examinations and x-rays as well as prophylaxis
- Restorative work as needed (fillings)